Tel: 0151 256 5582 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Norris Green credit union we welcome new members who live or work within our common bond area. Please contact us to find out more about becoming a member.
What do I need to set up an account?
- Proof of your address (utility bill or tenancy agreement)
- Evidence of who you are (passport or drivers licence)
- £2.00 Joining fee.
How much do I need to save?
You can save as little as a £1.00 a week but remember if you are looking to borrow, you may need to increase the amount you save.
What are my rights as a member?
- To inspect the Credit Unionís accounts and reports.
- To attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- To stand for office in the Credit Union (Board of Directors, Committees)
- To save on one or more accounts and to make withdrawals in accordance with your account.
- To apply for loans.
- To democratically change the rules and laws of the Credit Union (within the scope of the Law)
What are my responsibilities as a member?
- Elect the Board of Directors to run the Credit Union on behalf of its Members.
- Save regularly.
- Repay loans on time so that other members can make use of the loan service.
- Attend and vote at meetings of the Credit Union.
- Ensure the accounts of the Credit Union are Independently examined.
- Provide volunteer assistance.
Anything else I can do?
Yes if you promote and encourage the growth of Norris Green Credit Union by encouraging everyone you know to join (as long as they live or work within our common bond). Remember that high membership levels means that more funds are available to lend to members, which will increase the amount of interest income available to the Credit Union to pay dividends on members share savings.