Share (Savings) Accounts
By putting a little aside on a regular basis you not only have something to look forward to, but also something to fall back on, should the need arise. Saving in a Credit Union is a better way to save. You are not just another customer but an active member of a highly successful financial co-operative. Each member holds a share in the ownership of the Credit Union, and along with having a say in the operation of the Credit Union, you could also earn dividends on every share held.
Benefits of Credit Union savings
- Free life cover on saving currently up to £7500 (subject to terms and condition)
- Savings balances over and above any loan you may have are available to you to withdraw on demand.
- Dividends for savings
- A savings protection scheme is in place to the benefit of the member up to £85,000 through the FSCS
- There are no transaction charges or fees.
We offer a variety of saving accounts
Regular Saving Accounts
All members are issued with a regular account when they join the credit union. This account can be used for general savings or to gain saving based loans after regular saving deposits are made (Term and conditions apply)
Modern living involves the payment of all kinds of regular bills, such as TV licence, Insurances , electricity, road tax etc. Using our Budget account allows you to save for these expenses over a period of time making payment easier and less daunting.
Instant Access Account
This is money that can be accessed at anytime. This money is not attached to your loan and cannot be used as collateral against a loan.
Christmas Saving accounts
Allow you to save throughout the year until Christmas and then saving can be withdrawn from the 15th October onwards
Norris Green Credit Union offers Young Savers account – a great way for kids and young people to have money and plan their spending. For more information contact us.
Ways to pay into your account
- Visa Debit Card
- Cash – at our office
- Cheque – made payable to Norris Green Credit Union
- Standing order – direct from a bank/building society account.
- Child benefit and other DWP benefit payments can be made directly to the account.